Interim Pathway for Caregivers, Canada's New Caregiver Program
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) issued a statement about new alternatives for those foreign caregivers who have 12 months of full-time work experience in Canada since November 30, 2014. According to this pathway, applicants who meet the program requirement can apply to become a permanent resident.
Interim Pathway for Caregivers program will be accept applications on March 4,2019 for three months period.
- .Work permit: Holding valid and authorized work permit in Canada
- Status: applying for work permit renewal in case of expiration or submitting Restoration of status application.* Note: Applicants who their extension of work permit or Restoration of status been refused, are not eligible to apply in this program
- .English proficiency: CLB/NCLC 5 or a satisfactory score in an equivalent English or French language based test
- .Work experience: One year (12 months) of full-time Canadian work experience since November 30, 2014
- Education level: High school diploma (minimum), certificate or credential that is equal to Canadian high school diploma. Any non-Canadian and international certificate, diploma or higher degree must be be accredited by a Canadian designated institution such as, Educational Credential Assessment(ECA
- Residency: Applicants who intend to live and reside outside of province of Quebec are eligible to apply in Interim pathway for caregivers program . Note: Caregivers who has one year of work experience in province of Quebec can apply to reside in other provinces. You need enough evidence to prove your intention to live and work outside of Quebec.
Work experience must coordinate with Canada’s National Occupational Classification (NOC) Group 4411 “Home child care providers” or 4412 Home support workers, housekeepers and related occupations. Applicants must meet all the main duties and employments requirements to be eligible for New Caregiver Program.
Find out if you are eligible for caregiver program.